Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013


Hello Science Students!! As you can see I am not here today, so I expect you to be on your best behavior.  Treat the teacher in my room with the same respect you have shown to me.  Stay at your assigned tables and be kind to one another.  If you are unsure what to do, email me.  I will have my phone with me and will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

If you finish your work, check the "Where Am I" chart and figure out what assignments you need to do.  Show me the work tomorrow and I will give you your stamps.  Finally, have a great day and for those who deserve it, I will have a reward that is "out of this world".

Mars pt 2

Missions to Mars 

Watch the animation of latest mission to Mars, the Mars Science Laboratory (Curiosity Rover).  This is really cool!!!! Click Here
Write down 3 questions you had while watching the video.


Missions to Mars Timeline
You will need to make a timeline (how to make a timeline) of the different missions to the planet Mars. Please include a few words about what each mission accomplished and use the links below for guidance.

Example Timeline - Click Here
For list of years, Click Here


You will need to include the following missions:

Mariner 7
Mariner 9
Viking 1 & 2
Mars Global Surveyor
Mars Exploration Rover - Spirit
Mars Exploration Rover - Opportunity
Mars Science Laboratory (Curiosity Rover)


Visiting Mars
Can we get to Mars?  Click Here
Look at the Tourist Information and decide if you would want to go to Mars.  Click Here
Cost of Living on Mars Click Here

Assume that we are able to get live on Mars, would you want to?  Write 1 paragraph about whether or not you would like to visit Mars.  Explain why or why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment