Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012 Cells

I hope you enjoyed your day off and are satisfied with the election results.  I will not be in today because I need to deal with a family  emergency.  Please treat the sub with dignity and resepect.  In otherwords, be the type of student I know and expect.  If I get a good report, 5 merits per person.  If the sub writes your name down for doing a great job and being helpful, 10 merits.  If I get a bad report...10 demerits.

My email address is lawmcintyre@gmail.com.  You may email me with questions today and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible.

For those of you who did not submit a quiz score to me from Monday, that is your first priority.  Here is the link.  Email your score when you finish the graded quiz.

Tasks for today

TASK 1
(Game) What is a cell? Click Here

1) Write down the 3 types of cells that Gabrielle is missing.
2) Play the game and catch as many of the missing organelles as you can!


TASK 2
(Model) Explore a Cell Click Here
Answer the questions using above link.
1) List the 9 different parts of the animal cell
2) Write down the summery of the part of cell.

TASK 3
(Video)  Parts of a Cell Click Here
Watch this video and take notes.  At least 7 important ideas.  You may draw pictures too.                      


TASK 4
(Model) Inside a Cell Click Here
Explore the animal cell.  When you are done, click on Change to Plant Cell.  What happens?  What are the 3 ways that plant cells are different as animal cells.

TASK 5
(Game) Cell Craft Click Here
Play the cell craft game.  How did the game go?
Write down 5 things you learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment